Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kesari Baath.. [Anand SAI Regunathan Ep: 1]



Mar 10, 1993 :

"amma..", i jumped in happiness seeing my mom back from office. That day i was very happy as it was my last day of my UKG class.

"are you hungry ?" smiled my mom, running her hand over my military-cut style hair.

"i want something special today".

"i have brought Sathya Narayana Pooja's Prasadam"

i started clapping and jumping because 'Kesari Baath" ('sheera' kind of sweet) was my favourite dish. It was yummy!

I asked my mom to give some to Grandma. She told that grandma doesn't eat Sai Baba temple's Prasadam as she was following "orthodoxy" or 'madi'.


Apr 15, 1993 :

My mom and i went in search of a house for rent as we were asked to shift from our current house. A couple of houses shown by house-brokers did not satisfy, and on our way back, my mom took me to Cambridge Layout's Shirdi Sai Baba temple.

My mom's uncle, KG Srinivasan there; he was holding a post of Treasurer there in that trust. A very great soul, he lived all his life for Baba. He had taught my brother wonderful vedic hymns in the temple along with other kids.

At the altar, i got a chance to touch Baba's Feet (carved on a white stone). "Baba, poor mom, give her one house fast" , i told Baba quickly and ran back in a jiffy.


May 6, 1993:

We had found a house a week back, and by Baba's Blessings , everything went right on this day for us to set foot to our newly rented house in Indira Nagar.

And i was to enter my 1st Standard , which my mom warned about it to as an "higher class with a big syllabus". I ran out of my new house to find some new mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment