Sunday, January 20, 2019

my 6 year blog challenge? An analytical study ;)

Hi Folks,

I have probably now put myself into a 6 year challenge, in the likes of the 10Year Challenge that's going viral across social platforms. 10 years back i had started to blog and was kind of regular till 2012 end.

And lo, the next 6 years was like - silencee!

Well, firstly, i never realized it was such a huge gap! Did the years literally run by?

Being a partially analytical minded guy, i started to introspect if my non-blogging period had any correlation to my life-style in these 6 years. And here we go!

Technical v non-technical career? Naah!
Hmm.. i was in a coding job and was simultaneously preparing for my CAT. So it doesn't really fit in, for i should have had lesser time for blogging, but i ended up blogging more then! Besides, I had all the more reasons to blog during my MBA to express opinions, better my language, etc. but i never really blogged then.

Facebook time? Hmm not really!
My FB activity too went down since 2012-ish and it has come down to a zero now. Let's keep aside the occasional DP changes, etc. 

MBA? Ya right!?
I hardly studied, man. Was into a number of activities in the college that did eat my time, but i sure should have found 30 mins in a week?!

Whatsapp? My buddy!
Yeaah!! Let me conveniently blame this guy now. I got caught into the WhatsApp net about the mind 2012 period, and since then my whatsapp-ing activity grew up substantially while my blogging went down quickly to a ZERO!

Well, what's up with whatsapp? It's simple.

1. Whatsapp gives us the much needed communication at a peer level with a lot of features that help you feel safe with your privacy. You have the groups to express your thoughts, jokes, etc. You have the status updates to show your, albeit not great, creativity. So, all in one :)

2. I can remain non-committal, which is the most craved drink for today's youth. I can act like nothing happened by just deleting a message, or by using various other features. A blog doesn't allow me to customize a message or its audience in a variety of ways, as a WhatsApp can do.

3. In case of a blog, there is all chances of a public access and you may have to be far more formal with your language. WhatsApp on the contrary hates formal language!  It's all about smileys to convey your happiness and your satire!

4. My favourite theorem - Metcalfe's law!
More the folks in your contact, more the involvement! We can derive using Metcalfe's law that your involvement is said to be proportional to the square of the number of contacts in your group/contact list!


So yes, im not surprised that my blogging has gone down.

Ok, then what brought me back to this today? Hmm.. give me some time to analyze this! ;)

1 comment: