Monday, April 13, 2009

the Guard.. !!

People generally think, at least the current generation, that the world is full of individuals, i.e nobody cares for the other.
One strikingly contrasting example is one of our VNIT guards.

The guards too enjoyed along with my seniors when I used to be ragged at the gate of my hostel block. Our hostel prefects spread my "fame" far and wide by my extended nickname SEX-BABA!!
I personally had no issues with such a prefix to my nickname at college, but as I have been taught by SAI that nothing in this world is accident, it turned true that this rechristening of my name too had some effects.

In the following years in the college, each time I cross any of our college gates, the guard always refers to me as , "aur baba, kaise ho?" ; "baba, shirt tight hai baba..", etc.
The guards in our college are ex-Servicemen from the army. Interestingly, most were passouts from technical institutes. Most guards enjoy calling me by the same extended name, to which I would invite with a broad smile.

I don't refer to the above as an effect of the rechristening. It is as follows.

There is one guard, and probably another too, who speaks his heart out to me, and generally the conversation turns out to be about 20-30 minutes. Though this was not regular, but such nice conversations used to happen every fortnight or a month.
The guard knows many things about me, including my placement, that I will be working at Pune. He went on to the extent of even letting me some contacts there in Pune which would help smoothen my settling there. He also explained how I should live life at Pune, especially when your parents are elsewhere. He got close to me by calling me informally by the extended nickname.

This guard was my well-wisher, which is why I started this post with our generation's general ideology only to prove it wrong with this guard's example.
He has related to me many of his experiences in the various camps in various regions of India. Not this alone, he went to the extent of even explaining what life is, and how today's world is forgetting the divine qualities and hankering after animals' qualities.

Not a sense of gratitude(with sincerity), not a ray of good hope being spread around, while only gossips, rumours, negative energies keep making rounds. It is just a matter of Permutations and Combinations for a subgroup in a group of friends mocking or criticising the rest of the group behind their backs.
Hardly do people hug each other with a true sense of love and affection. A friend gets close to you only by praising you or by letting down others. " he likes her.. he is a crazy chap.. she is this kind of a girl.. he got blasted by another.. " and what not!! Is this what we call social interaction?? Two people get close by talking ill about others!!

I salute him who prefers to stay away from such a social-network!! People may call him unsocial, but I surely attribute him to be truly social !! Be of some constructive use to the society to be called a social element.

The guard who taught me all this has a tough life ahead, as new private guards are taking over the old guards' place. But one thing for sure is, his wonderful attitude in life, and his good-heartedness will compel my SAI to offer him a great life ahead. At least for once, I am his wellwisher!!

No comments:

Post a Comment